Thinking about vintage china for your wedding or party can be quite a daunting prospect. How much do you need? How does it get to the venue? How do we set it up? Won’t it be a lot of washing up afterwards? What if we break any? There could be a million questions running around your head. So, let’s simplify it…
- We’ll sit down with you and discuss what you need. We can price it individually, or on a per person basis – and we’re quite happy for you to give us a rough figure to secure the booking, and give us final figures a week before.
- We can deliver it to the venue, and collect it afterwards. If you’re getting married quite far away, there might be a small extra charge to cover mileage, but we’ll keep it as low as we can. We’re quite happy to drop off in the morning, go and have a day out locally, then come and pick it up on the evening after you’re done with it, so you don’t have to worry about it!
- We can set the china up for you if you like, or your venue can do it. We charge a little extra for setup, because of the time it can take, but again we’ll keep it to a minimum. Plus if you’re setting up the venue as a whole when we’re there, we usually can’t resist getting in the spirit and mucking in when needed!
- All the china is carefully packed in boxes with bubble wrap for delivery, and if we’re collecting it, we’ll pack it away carefully to, so you don’t have to worry about it. However, you are more than welcome to pick it up from us and bring it back, and plenty of boxes and packaging will be provided.
- We do all the washing up! Everything has to be washed by hand, as dish washers will scratch the patterns off. All we ask is you empty out any cups, clear any food off plates, and if possible rinse out the teapots and coffeepots, and we’ll take it from there!
- Obviously we want you to take care with our china and we want it back in one piece, but don’t stress over breaking or chipping it – accidents will happen. You pay an extra 50% up front as a security deposit, and breakages are deducted, at different rates for different items, and you get the remaining deposit back after. We don’t get many breakages though, we only had to do this once in 2015, for 2 items – we find people at weddings tend to be pretty careful on your special day!
- We’ve worked all this out to try and take as much stress out as possible for you, and it seems to be working so far. However, if you do need to do anything different – we try to be pretty flexible with things.
If you have any questions over the above, please feel free to call us, and we’ll chat!