When you enter into a contract with Pinnies and Pearls you automatically accept our Terms and Conditions of hire as set out below. You will be required to sign a copy of these Terms and Conditions when paying your deposit
Conditions of Hire
- Standard hire period is 4 days; for a Saturday wedding, items can be picked up/delivered on the Friday, and returned by the Monday. A penalty charge may be incurred for late return of items, at a rate of £30 per day.
- A £25 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your booking and date.
- The balance of the order must be paid no later than 14 days before hire date. Items will not be released for hire until the funds have cleared.
- A refundable damage deposit will be required on payment of balance of the order. The damage deposit will usually be 50% of the order value. The damage deposit will be returned in full upon safe return of all items undamaged, usually within 5 working days of return of the items, after the items have been checked for damage.
- Should the cost of damage or loss of items exceed the damage deposit, the hirer agrees to pay the additional balance for replacement costs.
- Replacement costs; as many of our items are vintage and no longer in production, they can be expensive or impossible to replace, and also more fragile than modern china. Please take care when stacking or packing our items, and make sure you use the packing materials provided.
- The hire charge includes a washing service. Please remove any remains of food, drink or other contaminants from the hire items, but leave the washing up to us! Especially don’t let your venue put them through the dish washer!
- Cancellation: if the order is cancelled by the hirer in advance of two weeks before the booking, only the booking deposit will not be returned. If the order is cancelled in the two weeks before the agreed hire date, only the damage deposit will be returned.
- All items supplied by Pinnies and Pearls are clean and in good condition. Given the age of some of these items, it should be expected that there may be minor imperfections due to age, and some patterns, gilt edging or silver plating may be already worn.
- As many of our items are vintage, whilst we will do our best to ensure your chosen items are available for your hire date, occasionally substitutions may need to be made. We will consult you regarding the replacement items should this need arise.
- Pinnies and Pearls take no responsibility in the event of any injury to any party through breakage of any equipment or any other accident during the hire period. The hirer is responsible for looking after the goods from the time of pickup/delivery until the goods have been returned and checked for damage. It is your responsibility to ensure the safekeeping and protection of our goods whilst in your care.
- The delivery charge is included for delivery within a 10 mile radius of Kingswinford.
- For delivery and pickup outside of this 10 mile radius, a charge of 25p per mile will be incurred each way.
- If you want to collect and drop off the hire items yourself, no charge will be incurred.
- A setup service can be arranged for an additional fee, which depends on the number of items being hired and the setup required.